Have you ever wondered who are the richest Afro-American rappers in the world ? We are about to show you … The rappers are known for their big houses, their luxury cars and their extravagant shops. And when you look at how many of them are winning, it’s not surprising. This article is a list of the richest rappers and their value.
All figures listed within this article have been taken from Forbes, and Wikipedia. We’ve tried to make sure they are as up to date as possible.
Here are the richest Afro-American rappers :
1.Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, is the first billionaire rapper. He far exceeds the other members of this list.
The famous rapper Jay-Z would have African origins as for most African-American celebrities. It is his wife Beyonce who would have dropped the bomb in one of his tubes.
Jay-Z is now the richest rapper in the world, with a net worth of $1 billion in 2019. He’s become the very first billionaire in the hip hop industry.
2. Dr. Dre, was born in the suburbs of L.A., Compton, a mother of Haitian origin and an African-American father. Dr. Dre is considered one of the largest producers of rap. He produced, among others, Tupac, Snoop Dogg, Eminem and Kendrick Lamar. In 2018, its revenues were $ 35 million.
Although he calls himself a billionaire, the former NWA member has not yet passed this symbolic level.
Dr. Dre is the second richest rapper in the world, with a net worth of $820 million.
3. Kanye West is an Afro-American rapper, songwriter, record producer, fashion designer, and entrepreneur. He is the 5th richest rapper in the world, with a net worth of $250 million.
Although Kanye has already declared himself in debt of $ 53 million and has asked Mark Zuckerberg for $ 1 billion to finance future content, he does not seem to complain so much.
4. Pharrell Williams, the eldest of three children, comes from a Benin family. He is an Afro-American singer-songwriter, rapper, record producer, and film producer.
Williams owns a media venture that encompasses entertainment, music, fashion, and art called i am OTHER, a multimedia creative collective and record label that serves as an umbrella for all of Pharrell Williams’ endeavors, including Billionaire Boys Club.
5. Aubrey Drake Graham is born in Toronto, Canada. He is the son of Dennis Graham, African-American Catholic of Memphis. He is singer, songwriter, record producer, and actor. Drake initially gained recognition as an actor on the teen drama television series Degrassi: The Next Generation in the early 2000’s.
Alongside his Grammy Award wins, Drake has won three Juno Awards and six BET Awards. He has the most number one singles on the Hot Rap Songs.
6. Nicki Minaj, whose real name is Onika Tania Maraj, from a family of Indian and Afro-Trinidian descent. She is one of the only rappers who has managed to win such a long time. The American-Trinidadian rapper is the only woman in Forbes’ annual ranking of the top 20 Hip Hop artists in 2019.
Even if she is far behind Drake, Jay-Z, Nicki Minaj occupies the sixteenth place with net worth is $85 million.
7. Timbaland : According to several websites specialized in star biographies, we learn that Timbaland has Reunion origins. He is a record producer, singer, songwriter, rapper and American DJ. Timbaland’s first full production took place in 1996 on Ginuwine, the single of R & B singer Ginuwine. It was after this year that Timbaland became a major producer of R & B and hip-hop artists.
8. Akon : This American of Senegalese origin is a singer, rapper, songwriter, businessman, record producer and American actor. He gained notoriety in 2004 after the release of “Locked Up”, the first single from his first album Trouble. Akon has become one of the richest rappers in the world, with a net worth of $ 80 million.
9. Nas is a rapper coming from a family of artists, Nas has Haitian origins by his mother and Nigerians by his father.
Nas is an Afro-American entrepreneur who has released eight platinum discs and consecutive albums and sold more than 30 million records worldwide.
Nas is the 9th richest rapper in the world, with his net worth being $60 million.
© Credits Graphics : Baobab News